· Suto (hitchhiking) is our main method of transportation.
· I take bucket baths with fresh water every day because any r
unning water is salty.
· Someone from my host family accompanies me whenever I want to walk somewhere.
· There are dogs, pigs, cats, and chickens in my backyard.
· School is cancelled when there is too much rain.
· We get a break for taimi ti (tea time) around 10:00 each day.
· Most afternoons there are rugby games in the field across from my house.
· Dances are the main social activity every weekend.
· Catholics are the most liberal church.
· The beach is always a short walk away.
· There are 3 or 4 cockroaches that live in my bathroom.
· There are no t.v. channels, our t.v. is just for watching movies.
· We have a Playstation and a Playstation2, but no games.
· My host mom spends all day weaving while my host dad spends hi
s days in the bush.
· The act of giving is more important than what is given.
· There is a child crying approximately every 5 minutes, but they are u
sually just faking.
· There is only instant coffee.
· Root crops take place of salads.
· Guys can do what they want.
· Mosquito bites are an everyday occurrence.
· Music is everywhere…choirs, cell phones, speaker systems, etc.
· I wear sandals every day.
· My host family eats dog.
· It is never below 60 degrees.
So, those are all the things I can think of now. I'm sure I will discover more over the next 2 years! Lastly, here are a few recent pics: