Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

This is my Easter day in Tonga:

1. Woke up and ate my Daffin's chocolate Easter egg from Marge for breakfast. Yum.
2. Went to church at 10:00. Sang "Christ the Lord is Risen Today", in Tongan of course, but it brought me back to all my previous Easters at Zions and St. Mark's
3. Visited with a friend who is going to school on the main island. We chatted about boys, travel, school, and other delightful things.
4. Went to eat lunch with the kids from the church who are having a camp this weekend.
5. Skyped with the family in America.
6. Went to church at 4:00. Sang "Christ the Lord is Risen Today" again. After all, you only sing it one day a year, so why not sing it twice?
7. Returned to the camp for dinner. It is starting to cool off at night now, so I wore a scarf. First time I have ever worn a scarf in Tonga.
8. Wrote this blogpost and reflected on a lovely Easter day.

Happy Easter everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Wesley and Dad had a contest to see who could sing "Christ the Losrd is Risen Today the loudest. Thought of you often. Number 5 was the best part of my day. Hid Wesley's basket in the car as you suggested He was not happy. It took till after church to find it. Love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete